Here in the United States, we have just made the time change for Daylight Savings time. This year, I may have made a mistake. See, here in the United States during the fall, the time of day goes back one hour to give people an extra hour of sunlight. Without thinking, I added more things to my list of this to do. I figured I have more time to do things. This is despite the fact that:
- There are still only 24 hrs in the day regardless of what time you say it is
- I start working before the sun comes up, and after the sun goes down.
Why tell you about this? Well, since I have plans to do more things, I’d like to invite you to come along on the journey as I work to get them done. I can’t promise success, but it will be one heck of a story. Here’s a shortlist of some of the things coming:
- I’ll be starting a business called Stories and Jokes and Talks with Folks. That way people in need of a person doing those 3 things can contact me there. I’ll even offer training and coaching so others can do that themselves
- I’ll be starting a podcast called Secondary Search: Finding African American Stories in Fire Service History. I’ll be doing interviews and stories of African American fighters that many not know or be aware of.
- I’ll be doing my very first Fringe show with the National Storytelling Network (NSN). It will be just under 1 hour telling stories and jokes about the fire service and African American firefighters.
And there is more. Much more. Interested in seeing how this stuff goes? Wondering what else I can fit into the 1 hour saved thanks to Daylight Savings time? Here is what you need to do:
- Be sure to follow the blog, the Facebook page, and Instagram for updates on what is happening and when
- Show up to the places and spaces I’ll be! Some will be online, some in person. All will be fun experience.
Looking forward to making new stories on purpose. Hoping you’ll be there when I do. Thanks!