The pandemic has shown me something that a number of people have told me, but I didn’t really believe it at first. I really am as busy as people say I am. Don’t get me wrong, there are others that do just as much or more. I just underestimate the amount of stuff that can be done in 24 hrs. Or a month. Or a year. For example, I managed to stuff as much as I could into 2021. I have some extra stuff that will have to wait until next year. Now is as good a time to tell you about it. So here we go!
- NSN Fringe Show “Once I Learned the History”
- I’ll be telling the story of my journey through the fire service up to this point. I’m not really the start of my own story. The stories of African American firefighters through history are. I put as many as I could in an 1 hour show while talking about the impact on how I see myself in the fire service. The show is 19 Feb 2022 at 5 pm central time. It’s online. Tickets and Information can be found HERE.
- Stories, Jokes, and Talks with Folks
- As I move through the worlds of storytelling, comedy, and public speaking, I find that I can take those three things and use them in different ways. With that in mind, I wanted a way to share that with the rest of the world. Whether through performing, hosting, coaching, or teaching, I’d love to introduce people to the entertainment or learning the skills of any or all three. Stay tuned for when the website is live later this month.
- The Podcast – Secondary Search: Finding African American Stories in Fire Service History
- As it turns out, it’s going to take way more than 1 hour to tell stories about African American History in the fire service. Starting Feb 2022, I will host a podcast series exploring those very stories. I’ll be interviewing historians, individuals that made the history, and other things missed by history books that still make up history. The first season will have the theme “African American Firsts”. Stay tuned to more info coming about that as well.
I do hope that you come with me on these journeys I’ll be taking. Here is what you can do for now:
- Subscribe to this blog to know when the other things are coming
- Go get tickets now for the NSN fringe show in Feb 2022
- Have a happy holiday season! I have a busy year ahead. I’m hoping you’ll come along for the story that I am telling on purpose.